Some key mistakes people are making that are NOT happening in the gym are the pre and post workout meals. Your body has approximately a 90-minute window where the muscles require protein intake In order to be better prepared for your workout when you’re on the go. Protein is critical for the body because it helps regulate the body’s muscles, cartilage, blood, skin and bones. Protein helps to repair and build muscle
Try this homemade smoothie recipe to power you through your workout. The apple acts as a natural sweetener, which supplements the tart yogurt taste, works out nice.
Apple / Blackberry Fat Burning smoothie:
1) 1 whole organic Gala apple – 79 cals, 4.9 grams dietary fiber, 21.7 grams carbohydrates, 33% vitamin C, 11% iron
2) ½ cup of organic blackberries – 70 cals, 2 grams protein, 30 grams carbohydrates
3) 1 cup of Greek yogurt – 24 grams protein, 140 cals, 10g carbohydrates, 200 mg potassium 95 mg sodium
4) 2 tablespoons of flaxseed – 4 grams protein, 90 cals, 7 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams sodium
5) ½ cup of milk (optional) – 4 grams protein, 75 cals, 6 grams carbohydrates, 175 mg. potassium
6) ½ cup of water – H2O
Every one gets into a workout slump every now and again. Its important to be aware of your workout habits and when you recognize a slump coming on, act fast. One of the key elements I noticed throughout my days as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, natural bodybuilder and just being constantly in and around the gym is that there are those who time their routines and those that do not. Many, many people do not time their routines. Timing your routines can save you a huge amount of time, cause you to work out harder and help prevent you from hitting a slump. Follow the above free video, then leave a comment and let me know what you think.
1- Explaination of timing your workouts
2- High intensity interval training (H.I.I.T), is training at a high intensity for a short bout and then training at a low intensity for a short bout and repeating this cycle for as long as you can tolerate it.
3- Did you enjoy this post and free workout, buy me a cup of coffee..
1- Timing Your Workouts! Its imperative, a must. If you are not timing your workouts, you are hurting your progress.
2- Write down how many jumps you perform and beat that number every time. Set Goals!
3- Go Hard or Go home! In other words, give every exercise your full intensity, don’t worry about the next set, the exercise you’re performing is the most important, so give it your all.
Click the link below to get your timer!
Did you enjoy this free workout video? Well, buy me a cup of coffee…
Take some time out to master this and this may help you stay leaner, have more endurance and make you look 10 years younger!
Jump rope & Burn Fat 3rd segment:
1- Jump as long as you can or for 60 seconds, whichever comes first 2- Once you master 60 secs, go for 2 rounds, then 3 rounds and so on 3- You can perform this workout daily for optimum results 4- Be sure to subscribe for more tips 5- Thanks for watching, feel free to tell me what you think
Did you enjoy this workout video? Buy me a cup of coffee….
Ok so Tis’ the season. The holidays are upon us and its a time for celebration, office parties, get togethers with family & friends, its a great time of year. Perfect time to put on weight right? NOT! Tis’ the season to get in shape, ofcourse eat to your hearts content, however make healthy choices and indulge in what you really love. And on the other side of the coin, work out that much harder! What? no time to get to the gym, well I have an answer for that, because I know the feeling, so I’ve created a Home Exercise Workout! Try this instructional video in order to help stay in shape over the holidays and winter season. That way you can eat up and be merry!! Be sure to leave a comment or tell your story… Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
Did you enjoy this free workout video? Well, buy me a cup of coffee….
There are a many different facets in becoming a great personal trainer. One who knows how to get people in the best shape of their life. It takes patience and understanding because every individual is unique in the personality, eating habits, genetic make up and overall being. For the sake of time I will list three important areas of being a great trainer. (Video)
1. Have your client do exercises that he/she can do well in order for your client to achieve a sense of accomplishment and then once thats established make each exercise a little harder (progressive overload). This comes down to understanding how much intensity each routine should be for each individual client. Intensity and amount of rest time is crucial, be sure your timing your workouts. Any trainer can yell at his client in an effort to overwork the person. Great training requires the patience in getting to know your client.
2. Which brings me to being a peoples person, building a rapport with your client is crucial. If your client is comfortable with you then he/she may book more sessions during the week and not just once a week which equals more work for you. Also, word of mouth travels fast, so if your client likes you, then he/she may refer you to a friend. See Video
3. Be on time and prepared for your session. Punctuality is important. If your client cancels on you last minute, you will charge the client the session, since this will throw a curveball in your entire schedule. In that regard you should never ever be late for a session. Bring your tools to the session. If you go do the Doctors and he walks in the office with sweat pants on you will probably fire him and find a new Doctor, right? He better come in with a lab coat on and a stethoscope…. In this regard you as a great personal trainer should bring your timer note pad and have your routine set up that you plan to do with your client. For more info see other articles and videos
Tonight we had a great group of people in both the total body conditioning class and the cardio kick boxing class. I have to commend you all for the hard work you all put in. Here are some other great workouts. Suspension training circuit (click link), this routine will help you build lean muscle. Let me know what you think………
Hello , Hello, I have finally decided to start a blog. Its all about healthy living and fitness. The name of it is “Living Proof Workouts”. Fortunately, my passion for fitness has allowed me the opportunity to meet with folks from all walks of life. In an attempt to stay in touch with everyone I have created this blog to talk about fitness ideas, and hopes that you all will share your thoughts about fitness and your lifestyles, the ups and downs and the good and the bad. Did you notice the photo/film strip i created of myself? Isnt it cool? lol. Feel free to comment about everything fitness, your goals, suggestions, thoughts, ideas, accomplishments, recipes, etc. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you all for stopping. Like us on Facebook